Head of Operations
- Full-time head of operations for a rapidly growing events startup
- Flexible schedule with primarily remote work
- Occasionally work events and be available during events, including on weekends.
- Report to the CEO
- $40k salary + $10k discretionary bonus
If that’s interesting, here is some more information:
We are a family-owned small business startup based in San Jose operating throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. We are trying to build a long-term, sustainable business that is professionally run with personal service. In this role, you’ll be charged with carrying that torch and leading our business.
We are hiring a full-time head of operations to run our photo booth rental business. This role has broad responsibilities and opportunity for growth. The primary work areas are:
- Communicating with prospective and existing customers via email and phone
- Managing event staff and equipment for 200+ events per year
- Operating photo booths at events
- Strategic growth initiatives, potential examples include SEO optimization, social media marketing, web development
This is an awesome opportunity to enjoy a wide range of responsibilities across sales, customer service, team management, event management, business management, marketing, web design and more. If you are passionate about something, you can find a way to work on it at PhotoFox!
This role will be independent and flexible. It reports directly to the CEO. You will primarily work remotely and can set your own schedule as long as all responsibilities are completed. During the week, you will primarily be answering customer emails and phone calls, coordinating staff for events, and working on any ongoing growth efforts. This can all be done from any virtual location with reliable internet. We will occasionally meet in person, especially during training.
Most of our events are at night or on weekends. During events, we expect you to be available to answer any customer queries. You will have to work events in the Bay Area when staff is unavailable.
Candidates must have:
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn new tools or skills
- Positive attitude
- Extreme attention to detail
- Their own vehicle
- The ability to lift 50 lbs
- Space to store one photo booth set at their house - approximately a sedan’s trunk & back seat.
Base salary is $40,000 and there is an annual discretionary bonus of $10,000, which will be delivered quarterly depending on performance. We will conduct quarterly performance reviews and annual compensation reviews to determine potential raises.
If interested, please apply below: